After running Tribe Sober for 7 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
This week I’m doing a solo episode – 7 reasons to do an alcohol-free January – and 14 tips to get you through.
In This Episode
REASONS TO DO AN ALCOHOL-FREE JANUARY
- A dry month is a great way to test your dependency – if you can’t get through a month without booze then you need to make some changes
- Alcohol is so toxic that just taking a month off will have significant health benefits
- Alcohol is linked to liver disease and 7 different types of cancer – 1 glass of wine will raise your risk of breast cancer by 15%
- Alcohol will weaken our immune systems – and put us more at risk of becoming infected with Covid
- 20% of regular drinkers will become dependent over the years – drinking more than a bottle and a half of wine a week may damage your health
- A month off alcohol will reduce your anxiety, freshen up your looks, help you lose weight and enable you to get some good quality sleep
- Making a donation to our January fundraiser will give you a dopamine hit (giving makes you feel good) and enable you to receive online and community support for 31 days – you can sign up here
SOME TIPS TO GET YOU THROUGH
- Shake up your daily routine and exercise every day
- Be ready to cope with your emotions – if you’ve been numbing your feelings with alcohol they will come to the surface
- Use a journal to track your progress, note your triggers and process your emotions
- Listen to music, make a soundtrack for your January Challenge – a real mood changer
- Have your go-to drinks –drinknil.co.za is offering a 10% discount on all their alcohol-free drinks for people doing our Challenge
- Find your tribe – it’s hard to do this alone – check out our membership program here
- Please donate to our Earthchild Fundraiser – and get 30 days of community and online support – sign up link is here.
To access our website click HERE
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE.
Please subscribe and share this podcast so we can reach more people who need our help.