One of the ways we’ve been helping people is via our regular alcohol-free challenges – which are a great way to dip your toes into the waters of sobriety and also to test your dependence. If you find our challenges a breeze then that’s awesome – but if you find them really difficult then that’s a clear sign that you need to make a few changes.
As a result of the pandemic and also of this podcast, Tribe Sober had become much more international these days.
Our Sober Spring Challenge used to be full of locals but over the last few years we’ve been joined by Brits, Europeans, and Americans – and of course, in those countries, it’s not Spring at all! Even if it’s not Spring where you live, September is a great month for a new start. It’s often a month when those daily routines shift a bit… a time when the kids go back to school or even leave the nest for college.
So to make our Sober Spring more international we are rebranding it.
You’ve all heard of Route 66 – well our challenge is going to be called #Sober66 – it’s 66 alcohol-free days…with plenty of support to get you through.
In this episode
- This challenge really is life-changing and if you have any doubts about that just dig into some of our previous Tribe Sober podcasts: Episode 12 with Chez, episode 15 with Kai, 16 with Christelle, 17 with Sheila and 21 with Lebo…
- Each of those episodes is called “How the Sober Spring Challenge Changed my Life.”
- There are SO many reasons to take a 66 day break from the booze but I’ll constrain myself to just 10:-
REASON 1 – ITS LONG ENOUGH TO SEE THE BENEFITS
REASON 2 – YOU’LL GO FROM FEELING MERELY MOTIVATED TO FEELING INSPIRED!
REASON 3 – YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
REASON 4 – YOUR LOOKS!
REASON 5 – YOUR WEIGHT
REASON 6 – YOUR SLEEP
REASON 7 – YOUR GENERAL HEALTH
REASON 8 – BUILD A NEW NEURAL PATHWAY
REASON 9 – TO CHECK YOUR DEPENDENCE
REASON 10 – THE DOMINO EFFECT
- We picked 66 days because that’s how long it takes to change a habit – so if you are thinking about making alcohol-free living a permanent lifestyle choice, then you will find it SO much easier after 66 days — you will have built a whole new neural pathway!
- If you are just looking to cut down, then do the challenge and you will find it SO much easier to drink within the low-risk levels of one and a half bottles of wine (or six beers) a week.
HOW IT WORKS
- The Challenge will run for 66 days — starting on 1st September. That’s long enough to assess your relationship with alcohol and to build a new and healthy habit.
- You will receive a daily email, packed with tips, tools and inspiration for 66 days. You’ll also have access to 66 motivatonal mini-podcasts.
- You will be added to a WhatsApp Chat Group to connect with other Sober Springers. To share tips and encourage each other to stay on the bus!
- You will also receive an invitation to join our Sober Sprinters Facebook Group and our Zoom Cafe every Saturday.
Subscription membership – you can join up HERE.
The Tribe Sober Membership Program sponsors this episode. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today
Read more about our program and subscribe HERE
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you
Help us to Spread the Word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
If you enjoyed the podcast, then please leave us a 5-star review on Apple podcasts.
Take a screenshot of your review, and DM it to Tribe Sober’s Instagram page – see PS below for instructions. We’ll send you something special to say thank you!
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram.
You can join our private Facebook group HERE.
PS: How to Leave a Rating/Review in Apple Podcasts (on an iOS Device)
- Open the Podcasts app. EASY.
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (e.g. Recover Like a Mother) into the search field.
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes).
- Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews.
- Click Write a Review underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. You’ll then have the option to rate the show on a 5-star scale and write a review (you can rate without writing too but it’s always good to read your experience).