Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
We created TS because we believe it’s really hard to change your drinking habits alone – so at TS we are all about community so on this weeks podcast we are featuring 2 ladies who signed up for our Sober Spring Challenge.
At the time of recording, we are in late January but if you are up for taking a break then just sign up for our January Challenge which is open until 31st Jan – for a small donation to a good cause we offer community and online support for an alcohol free month.
We’ve currently got 115 people going through the Challenge so sign up today and join the fun –they are chatting away all day long on their WhatsApp group – sharing their journeys and passing on tips.
Just go to tribesober.com and hit January Challenge.
If you’re listening to this after January, then just go to tribesober.com and hit “join our tribe” and we’ll put you on our 30-day starter challenge.
In this episode
- Every year we do a Sober Spring Challenge – 66 alcohol-free days – two of our Sober Springer are sharing their experiences.
- Our first Sober Springer is Roz, a Brit living in Spain. Roz drank for decades but once she joined the tribe – she stopped and never went back. “Tribe Sober is my family” she says.
- Our second Sober Springer is Annick from Belguim – she also found that “connection is the opposite of addiction” and the WhatsApp group kept her on track. Her first 30 days were tough but by Day 80 she was flying!
- After helping hundreds of people to get sober I am convinced that this doesn’t have to be a lifelong struggle. It involves giving it your all for the first 6 months when you are basically concentrating on “not drinking” and learning as much as you can. The rest of that first year is about learning to navigate our alcohol-drenched society, developing new interests and learning to thrive in your alcohol-free life.
- Like many women, Annick was quite health conscious– she ate healthy foods and did yoga – but she drank. For so many of us, alcohol is the missing part of the puzzle – so many of us are filled with fear and reluctant to let it go. All we can tell you from the other side is that you will GAIN so much more than you will lose if you ditch the drink!
- Your drinking isn’t a PROBLEM – it’s actually giving you an OPPORTUNITY – to ditch the stuff and open up your life – that’s a valuable reframe by Tribe Member Lucy!
- Talking of Lucy, Annick referred to our “Why” exercise which was designed by Lucy and has helped SO many of our members – if you’d like a copy just drop a line to email@example.com and I’ll send it to you.
A few tips and benefits from my conversations with Roz and Annick
- Find a community – you heard Roz say that TS has become her family and Annick said the WhatsApp group helped her to feel less alone. It’s so important to realise that we are not alone in this struggle – we are not broken, we are not diseased. We just got addicted to an addictive substance like 20% of social drinkers do – every single year. “Connection is the opposite of addiction” so find your people – maybe we are your people. Go to ts.com and hit “join our tribe” and find out more about the support we offer.
- Annick got to the point where moderation no longer crossed her mind. This is a huge step – when we accept that we can never drink alcohol we find peace. Admittedly we have some work to do to change our habits but it’s entirely possible and so worthwhile. Always remember that people who moderate just moderate – alcohol is not even on their radar. If you are listening to this you probably can’t moderate or you wouldn’t find it interesting.
- Final tip is to give it your all. Ros and Annick really “threw” the book at their sobriety – Ros checked the community messages first thing in the morning and last thing at night, attended all the Zoom meetings, listened to the podcasts and read the quitlit. Annick even listened to the podcasts twice! Give it your all and get this sobriety thing nailed within six months – then work on thriving in your alcohol-free life and you will never look back!
Let’s end with a couple of the many benefits that emerged from those conversations:
- Ros sleeps well, wakes up happy and has lost weight without even trying! She’s just had her 71st birthday and says that sobriety is the best birthday present ever!
- Annick has boundless energy and “joie de vivre” and relates to the title of Catherine Grays book – “The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober” – like me she had absolutely no idea that sobriety could be full of joy!
If you enjoyed this episode, then you can hear another 6 conversations about the power of taking a break from the booze by listening to episodes 75 and 76.
This week we have a PDF to give away – its called “30 Signs you may have a Problem with Alcohol” – just email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like a copy.
Don’t forget to follow us and share the podcast – and we would be SO grateful if you would leave us a review.
Take a screenshot of your review and email it to email@example.com – we’ll read it out on the show and send you something nice to say thank you!
- It’s still January as we record this so if you are ready to dip your toe in the waters of sobriety and test your dependence then please check out our January Challenge on tribesober.com – for a small donation to a good cause you will get online and community support for an alcohol-free month.
- And if its not January, then just go to tribesober.com and hit “join our tribe” – as a new member we’ll chat to you about your needs and design you a tailor made sobriety journey that will change your life!
- SIGN UP FOR THE JANUARY CHALLENGE HERE
- If you are listening to this and it’s not January don’t worry – we’ve got you covered – all you need to do is to go to our tribesober.com and hit Join Our Tribe and we’ll put you on our 30 day starter challenge for new members.
- Subscription membership for Tribe Sober is just R85 (£4/$6/$8AUS) a month – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our “Annual Tracker” or our e-book “66 Days to Sobriety” please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email email@example.com
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today
Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE.
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
If you enjoyed the podcast then please leave us a 5 star review on Apple podcasts, take a screenshot of your review and DM it to Tribe Sober’s Instagram page – see PS for instructions – we’ll send you something special to say thank you!
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week