Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
We want to help you to make a healthy start to the new year, so we’ve launched our 7th Annual Fundraiser which will provide you with online and community support for an alcohol free month – and enable you to help a disadvantaged child. Talk about a win-win!
We believe in Challenges here at Tribe Sober – every year we run our Sober Spring Challenge – and then another one in January. On this week’s podcast we hear from 3 people who did Sober Spring 2021 – why did they sign up? what was it like? what tips do they have?
Let’s hear from Jenny, Jimmi and Sybille…
In this Episode
- Our Challengers had plenty of useful tips to share.
- Throw the book at it! Both Jenny and Sybille have been reading all the quitlit and listening to all the podcasts. As Sybille said, if we understand the science behind alcohol dependence then we are more likely to stick with it – learn everything you can and eventually it will click!
- Work on your mindset – Sybille sees her alcohol-free future as a very positive thing – a life full of benefits rather than some kind of punishment!
- Stock up on alcohol-free drinks – if you are in South Africa and doing our January Challenge you can claim a discount from DrinkNil who will deliver to your door.
- Journaling was another important tip – buy a notebook, process your emotions and log your progress during the Challenge.
- We often have a vague feeling that we need to do something about our drinking but a challenge will enable you to dip your toe in the waters of sobriety and take action – SIGN UP FOR THE JANUARY CHALLENGE HERE
- “Alcohol is the only drug we have to justify not taking” so doing a challenge is a great “reason”. If you have to explain to your family and friends why you are not drinking you can say “I’m raising money for charity by doing a Dry January!”
- An alcohol-free month will enable you to experience some benefits of sobriety but to really experience the joys of alcohol-free living you need to keep going a bit longer. You will meet others on the challenge who will be keep to extend the challenge to 66 days, 100 days – even six months!
- Another great tip we heard from our Challengers was to reconfigure your day – shake up your routine a bit and you won’t miss alcohol so much!
- If you are listening to this and it’s not January don’t worry – we’ve got you covered – all you need to do is to go to our tribesober.com and hit Join Our Tribe and we’ll put you on our 30 day starter challenge for new members.
- Subscription membership for Tribe Sober is just R85 (£4/$6/$8AUS) a month – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our “Annual Tracker” or our e-book “66 Days to Sobriety” please email email@example.com
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today
Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE.
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
If you enjoyed the podcast then please leave us a 5 star review on Apple podcasts, take a screenshot of your review and DM it to Tribe Sober’s Instagram page – see PS for instructions – we’ll send you something special to say thank you!
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week
PS How to leave a rating/review in Apple Podcasts (on an iOS device)
1. Open the Podcasts app. EASY.
2. Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (i.e., “Recover Like A Mother”) into the search field.
3. Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes).
4. Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews.
5. Click “Write a Review” underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. You’ll then have the option to rate the show on a 5-star scale, and write a review (you can rate without writing, too but it’s always good to read your experience).