Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
This week my guest is Mandy Manners. Mandy has her own recovery story to tell. Alcohol-free for more than 4 years, she is now a recovery coach and author.
In this Episode
- Mandy and I are both Brits married to Frenchmen, so we’re able to discuss and contrast the very different attitudes to drinking in UK & France.
- Mandy’s French husband was able to cut down easily when they became parents but for her, it was not quite so easy.
- She believes that in France you are either seen as an “alcoholic” or someone who can have just one glass.
- When she first moved to France, she had two young children and felt isolated, which meant that her drinking got worse.
- Mandy had a touch of sober curiosity when she met her sister in law who didn’t drink, yet she seemed to be happy!
- After stopping and starting for years she reached out to Soberistas for help and found the community a great help.
- We both agreed that “finding your people” was an essential first stop – find a community that suits you.
- She had been a binge drinker during her teenage years and also took recreational drugs.
- Mandy highlighted the fact that hard drugs are demonized, whereas alcohol is encouraged.
- Like many of us, Mandy tried to moderate for years – setting (and breaking) many of her own rules about when she should drink.
- Due to a trauma in her teenage years, Mandy had underlying issues which meant she needed to work with a therapist.
- Mandy said that many people feel that once they’ve sorted the rest of their life out then they will address their drinking. However, it should be the other way round – stop drinking and you will be able to sort your other issues.
- Mandy is now 4 years sober and thriving in her alcohol-free life. She has a better relationship with her husband and kids – she sleeps so much better.
- She is now a recovery coach and has written a book called “Love Yourself Sober”. She has a podcast called “Love Sober” and her website is mandymanners.com
- Joining Tribe Sober is a great way to start your Sober Curious journey – find out more on tribesober.com.
- We start our annual 66-day challenge in September – called Sober Spring here in South Africa but can be Sober Autumn as well.
- Membership also allows you to find your people as we welcome you into our supportive community – and this month new members will get a complimentary Sober Spring Challenge.
- Just go to tribesober.com and hit the “join our tribe” button to read more about the benefits of membership.
- Subscription membership for Tribe Sober is just R85 (£4/$6) a month – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our “Annual Tracker” or our e-book “66 Days to Sobriety” please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email email@example.com
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today
Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
If you enjoyed the podcast then please leave us a 5-star review on Apple podcasts, take a screenshot of your review and DM it to Tribe Sober’s Instagram page – we’ll send you something special to say thank you!
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse – we are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5 pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11 am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week