Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
This week my guest is Will Black. He is a Life Mastery Coach and a registered Yoga teacher.
He was clever enough to realise that alcohol was not serving him at an early age and these days his life and work are guided by the ethos of finding balance.
Will’s mission is to help people to overcome their limiting beliefs and behaviours so they can live balanced intentional lives.
In this Episode
- From almost the first time Will drank it was apparent that he was going to develop a problem – he had blackouts, guilt and remorse
- He was sensible enough to realise that he had to quit but had no idea how he was going to make a change
- Like many of us he put the moderation “rules” in place – and like many of us proceeded to break those rules!
- Will raised the interesting point that for many of us, we use booze because we want to “break free”
- One or two glasses of wine won’t get us to that place so that’s why end up breaking the moderation rules.
- We agreed that when we get to the stage of wondering if we have a problem with alcohol, the answer is Yes!
- Of course, Will was worried about life without booze would be a kind of “half-life” – no friends, no fun no relationship!
- The foundation to Will’s sobriety was fitness and meditation – he watched videos, listened to podcasts – did it alone
- He now realizes that it would have been easier if he had found a community and connected with others who had done this
- His first year was difficult and he felt awkward and weird at social events but he persevered and it got easier
- He explained how meditation helps in early sobriety as we learn to become an observer of our thoughts
- Will raised the interesting point that when we drink we are trying to calm our mind – meditation does that, but in a healthy way
- Yoga, meditation and physical activities are ideal as they will reduce the dopamine deficit which hits us in early sobriety.
- He talked about the Domino Effect – quit drinking and you will start looking at other parts of your life
- You can find Will on IG – The Balanced Self and his website is WillOwenBlack.com – he teaches yoga and is a coach
- Although Will got sober alone it was an uphill battle – with hindsight he recommends that people connect with a group
- Tribe sober is one of those groups and we’ve been changing lives for five years now. Why not check us out on tribesober.com
- Joining Tribe Sober is a great way to start your Sober Curious journey
- We’ll put you on a 30-day alcohol-free challenge so you can test your dependency
- Membership also allows you to find your people as we welcome you into our supportive community
- Just go to tribesober.com and hit the “join our tribe” button to read more about the benefits of membership
- Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our “Annual Tracker” or our e-book “66 Days to Sobriety” please email email@example.com
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our program and subscribe HERE.
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
If you enjoyed the podcast then please leave us a 5-star review on Apple podcasts, take a screenshot of your review and DM it to Tribe Sober’s Instagram page – we’ll send you something special to say thank you!
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
You can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week