Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is Lynne Brown – our very own Sober Buddy Mentor! A Brit like me, Lynne came to South Africa 20 years ago and fell in love with this beautiful country! She is also a volunteer Alcohol Counsellor in the UK.
In this Episode
- Lynne never had a “rock bottom” – she just became more aware that she always felt a bit “below par”
- She was aware that giving up alcohol would improve her health – and indeed it has
- She was drawn to learning more about addiction and she realized she could help others who were struggling
- Lynne has experienced considerable benefits since she went alcohol-free – she sleeps much better and can eat more!
- We talked about the massive increase in alcohol problems in the UK during the pandemic – and the difficulty of making a change
- We have to reconfigure our lives when we stop drinking – especially if our lives have revolved around alcohol-related activities.
- This has been really hard during lockdown of course – fewer opportunities to meet new people or develop new interests
- We talked about Tribe Sober’s Sober Buddy program – it all began because some people who got sober wanted to stick around
- Our “graduates” wanted the personal connection but also to help new people or people who were struggling
- The Sober Buddy program was informal at first but then Lynne came along and put some order in the system!
- We now have pictures and bios of all our Sober Buddies on the website – together with guidelines
- As a qualified counsellor, Lynne has been able to offer support and advice to our Sober Buddies
- Joining Tribe Sober is a great way to start your Sober Curious journey
- We’ll put you on a 30-day alcohol-free challenge so you can test your dependency
- Membership also allows you to find your people as we welcome you into our supportive community
- Just go to tribesober.com and hit the “join our tribe” button to read more about the benefits of membership
- Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our “Annual Tracker” or our e-book “66 Days to Sobriety” please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email email@example.com
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today . Read more about our program and subscribe HERE.
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
If you enjoyed the podcast then please leave us a 5 star review on Apple podcasts, take a screenshot of your review and DM it to Tribe Sober’s Instagram page – we’ll send you something special to say thank you!
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
You can join our private Facebook group HERE.
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week