Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is Justin Lamb – podcaster, musician, asset management professional and therapist in training!
In this Episode
- Justin grew up with an alcoholic father and his brother was also using – like many of us he started using alcohol to socialise
- A medical diagnosis of an auto-immune disease forced him to quit drinking for five months – he was anxious to restart!
- He managed to stop drinking by educating himself about the harm it does – he went on a course about substance abuse
- Justin has experienced many benefits of sobriety. He feels grateful that he is now able to “feel what I feel” – whether love or pain
- He is now able to better follow things through and complete his projects – he came up with a nice metaphor involving kayaking..
- We talked about the normalisation of alcohol and how pharmaceutical drugs on US tv list the side effects – not alcohol
- His advice about dealing with peer pressure is to take control early on – don’t be shy about your sobriety!
- These days Justin is happy to hang out with responsible drinkers – but not the heavy drinkers.
- Although he got sober alone he is now enjoying the community support he is finding in the Clubhouse rooms.
- We discussed the value of Clubhouse and how people will be able to hear recovery tips and stories without going to meetings
- Justin has a podcast called Friend Request and you can follow him on Instagram @friendrequestpodcast
- We also agreed that people are far more likely to identify themselves as “Sober Curious” than “Alcoholics”
- Joining Tribe Sober is a great way to start your Sober Curious journey
- We’ll put you on a 30-day alcohol-free challenge so you can test your dependency
- Membership also allows you to find your people as we welcome you into our supportive community
- Just go to tribesober.com and hit the “join our tribe” button to read more about the benefits of membership
Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our “Annual Tracker” or our e-book “66 Days to Sobriety” please email email@example.com
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our program and subscribe HERE.
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse – we are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5 pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11 am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE.
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week