Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is the lovely Loyiso Mkele.
We met long before I started Tribe Sober and we had no idea that we had a “drink problem” in common.
However once I managed to stop drinking and started Tribe Sober, Loyiso reached out for help.
She’s been sober for two years and is thriving in her alcohol free life – have a listen to how she did it!
In this Episode
- For 13 years Loyiso was drinking at least a bottle of wine a day – she knew the problem would just get worse.
- She knew she would have to make a change but had no idea HOW to make the change.
- One day she heard me on the radio and because she knew me personally that shocked her into action.-
- Loyiso realised that there was a support group for people like her.
- Coming to the workshop was a huge relief for Loyiso – not only had she found her tribe but she now had a practical toolkit.
- By using the toolkit and connecting with the tribe she was able to stop drinking – she loved the sense of community.
- She was inspired by people who were hitting their milestones – and eventually became a role model herself.
- She is now a Sober Buddy with two years of sobriety and enjoys helping our newbies to get started.
- Loyiso had some tips for people starting out – find your people and connect with them daily.
- Immerse yourself in quitlit and podcasts – expect to be tired for a while and to get cravings for sweet things – eat fruit!
- Remember that alcohol free wine is your friend – take it out with you and use it at home when you would normally have a drink.
- Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our”Annual Tracker” please email email@example.com
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our program and subscribe HERE
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you – calendar on homepage of tribesober.com
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse – we are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week