Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
This weekend is a special one for me – my sixth soberversary!
So I’m talking about my six biggest challenges – and how I overcame them.
In this Episode
- I summarise my story of how I got hooked on the booze and why I decided to make a change
- Then I go through my six biggest challenges and how I overcame them
- CHALLENGE 1 – Finding my People. I tried for many years to give up drinking alone but finally reached out for help and connection
- CHALLENGE 2 – Keeping Perspective – accepting that it was going to take time – first year about “not drinking” then going deeper
- CHALLENGE 3 – Dealing with Emotions – I had learn to cope with my emotions – to get comfortable with being uncomfortable
- CHALLENGE 4 – Dealing with Anhedonia – in early sobriety I struggled to find pleasure in anything – I had to push through this
- CHALLENGE 5 – Saying Goodbye to my Best Friend – I drew a line under my drinking years by writing a “goodbye to alcohol” letter
- CHALLENGE 6 – Finding my Purpose – I had to embrace my alcohol-free life and discover new interests and passions
- I linked a tip with each of my challenges which I hope will help others on this journey
- Subscription membership for Tribe Sober is just R85 (£4/$6) a month – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our”Annual Tracker” please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email email@example.comEpisode Sponsor
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then
sign up today.
Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you – calendar on homepage of tribesober.com
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse – are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week