Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is Cici Reagan – a recovering addict and a domestic abuse survivor.
With a difficult upbringing, and then an abusive partner, the odds were stacked against Cici and she became an alcoholic – but she also found solace in her writing.
Not only has writing saved her own life, but she is now helping others to heal – using the power of poetry.
In this Episode
- Cici’s father was an alcoholic – and so was her first partner. That is quite a common pattern.
- She went to AA as that was the only thing she knew about – it took her years to find the right group – but eventually it worked.
- As she got sober, she was feeling emotions she’d buried for years – she had no idea how to deal with them.
- She’s been drinking since she was 14, so lacked the emotional maturity to deal with her emotions.
- As she worked through her traumas, Cici recognised that the drinking had just been a symptom.
- Throughout everything she experienced, she had been writing – poetry, short stories and journal entries.
- She shared what she was going through – and when she got sober, she started a community for people like herself.
- Cici used to feel a lot of shame about her drinking but can now look back at her younger self with compassion.
- We recommend journaling as a key recovery tool here at Tribe Sober.
- If you feel you need help with your creative writing then check out www.cicireagan.com for free resources which can help.
- Cici also runs workshops.
- If you would like a copy of our e-book 66 days of sobriety then please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscription membership for Tribe Sober – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our e-book “66 days to sobriety” please email email@example.com
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE.
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you – calendar on homepage of tribesober.com.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse – are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week