Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is British journalist, Phil Cain. Author of two books about alcohol, he brings a fresh and scientific perspective to the dialogue.
His books have spawned a wide range of activities, including hosting panel discussions – which is how I met Phil.
In this Episode
- Phil explains how he was keen to write a book from a scientific perspective, rather than personal experience
- He stopped drinking while he was writing his books – to better understand the “discomfort” that sobriety can bring
- We agreed that Sober Sprints are essential for regular drinkers – the only way to check that you are not becoming dependent
- If you would like to do a Sober Sprint then sign up as a Tribe Sober member to join our 30 day alcohol-free challenge
- Phil explained that the “low risk limits” (one and a half bottles of wine/6 beers a week) are not widely known
- Covid has brought extra stress into everybody’s life and many people are self-medicating with alcohol
- Drinking alone has become more common in these days of the pandemic – it’s so easy to drink more when you are alone
- We agreed that “drink sensibly” is an oxymoron as alcohol actually removes your ability to act sensibly!
- Phil believes that we should encourage people to look at their drinking by “selling sobriety” rather than emphasising the dangers
- He explained why “Sobriety Sizzles” and if there was a pill that achieved what sobriety does, it would be hugely popular!
- Phil’s books are called “Alcohol Companion” and “Alcohol for Nerds” – go to www.philcain.com to sample and purchase
- At our workshops we recommend treating sobriety as a “research project” – these 2 books should be an essential part of your research
Subscription membership for Tribe Sober – you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our e-book “66 days to sobriety” please email us at email@example.com
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our program and subscribe HERE
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week