Tribe Sober – Inspiring an Alcohol-Free Life!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
This week I’m chatting to Michael Gallagher – an author, a speaker and a coach.
In this Episode
- Michael talks about his hectic childhood – with a mother who was a Jehovah’s Witness and a father who was a career criminal
- Looking back on his years as an addict, Michael realises he “mistook pleasure for happiness”
- He built a successful career in sales but was still drinking heavily – mostly vodka
- During his last stay in rehab he attempted suicide and cried out for help – and something shifted for him
- We talked about the importance of living in line with your values – creativity and loyalty are important values for Michael
- We need to know what’s driving us so that we can stop drinking and change our lives
- We talked about how corporates promote the “work hard, play hard” culture – and that the “play hard” always involves alcohol
- Michael is trying to change this by promoting mindfulness and meditation programs within companies
- Michael has written a book called “Waking Up – A Guide for Transformation – available on Kindle and at Amazon
- For more information on Michael and his work check out his website:- https://michaelgallagherspeaks.com/
Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
To access our website click HERE
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!