Tribe Sober – inspiring an alcohol-free life!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
This week I’m chatting to Carlen – who works in the wine industry!
In this Episode
- Carlen had been a bit worried about her drinking for a long time and knew she needed to make a change
- She did a private workshop more than 6 months ago and found it quite easy to stop drinking
- She was really clear about WHY she wanted to make a change – no more fights with husband, no more health worries
- She requested a Sober Buddy who helped her enormously – a bit of extra support and accountability
- We both agreed that it’s so important to know WHY a change is needed – reasons which will keep you on track over the months
- Four years ago Carlen had a hypertension episode – in ICU – has regular check ups – since she gave up drinking, it has improved dramatically
- She is finding her running is so much better now that she’s stopped drinking – it’s on a different level
- The cognitive dissonance has gone – no more voices in her head saying, “How, why, what did I say?” etc
- No more waking up at 2am feeling full of regrets and shame – sleep has improved – plenty of energy
- Carlen is in the wine industry and is still enchanted by the process – she can still taste – but doesn’t see herself as a drinker any more
- She keeps a tracker and ticks off her alcohol-free day in the morning – she doesn’t want to have to correct it later!
- Carlen has been in advertising and is in the wine industry so the marketing doesn’t get to her
- The fact that there are so many AF products on the market has made it SO much easier to give up drinking
- She loves seeing new people joining – and how the others in the community help them get through
- Carlen has started a blog about her journey which is called wynvlieg.com
- If you would like a copy of our tracker and/or our “Finding Your Why” exercise please email us at email@example.com
Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
To access our website click HERE
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week