Tribe Sober – Your Guide to Alcohol-free Living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
This week we’re chatting to Fiona and Caroline – who have just launched South Africa’s first online store for Alcohol-Free drinks – Drink Nil
In this Episode
- I have witnessed a revolution in the AF drinks market since I stopped drinking 6 years ago
- The choices available have gone from zero to more than one hundred!
- Duchess was the first, then AF beers and now AF wines – plus many more
- Caroline, who comes from the wine industry, was planning to create an AF drink of her own but cash-flow was an issue
- So she decided to create an online platform, specialising in AF drinks – and drinknil.co.za was born – in October 2020
- We discuss how the demand for AF drinks is coming from different groups – moms, millennials, the health conscious – and people who just need to drink less – or not at all!
- We talked about the irony of eating healthily, exercising daily, doing yoga – and then drinking a bottle of wine a day!
- We discussed the fact that our community often bemoans the fact that alcohol-free wines just “don’t taste the same”
- Caroline made the excellent point that perhaps the manufacturers shouldn’t be raising our expectations by packaging the AF wines exactly like alcoholic wine – we agreed the AF choices should be seen in a category all of their own
- Fiona took us through the difference between alcohol-free, non-alcoholic and de-alcoholised categories
Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
To access our website click HERE
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our 8-step program and subscribe HERE.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!