Tribe Sober – Inspiring an Alcohol-free Life!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
This week we’re chatting to Jo who achieved 2 years of sobriety but then relapsed. Have a listen and find out how she bravely got back on track and tried again..
In this Episode
- Jo started blogging the day she gave up drinking – her blog was called “Coins in a Jar”
- She put a coin in a glass jar to represent each alcohol-free day – seeing them pile up kept her motivated
- She did well and achieved almost 2 years of sobriety – however when she moved to a new city, things started to change
- Jo had become a bit complacent and started to take a few sips of her husband’s beers from time to time
- Before she knew what had happened, she was buying wine and back into the old routines
- After a few months, she knew she had to get back on track, but this time round she tried a different approach
- She decided to tackle her underlying issues – she’s always suffered from depression so she decided to go to a psychiatrist
- Jo took some meds, got some therapy – and stopped drinking – and began to feel much much better
- She is now a few months in as sober again, and feels stronger this time around
- We agreed that the danger of relapse can be higher for people who don’t take the time to deal with their underlying issues
- You can catch up with Jo’s new blog on Facebook – this time she’s called it “Coins in a Cracked Jar”
Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
To access our website click HERE
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our Membership Program and subscribe HERE.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week