Tribe Sober – Your Guide to Alcohol-free Living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this brand new series, however, we are also interviewing some experts – we’ve got a doctor, a psychiatrist, a professor, a journalist – and this week we get to meet author and sobriety advocate, Ken Middleton.
In this Episode
- Ken explains that when he became an entrepreneur, he decided to “give it his all” by ditching the drink and putting in 100% effort
- His thinking behind this decision was that alcohol wasn’t ruining his life, but it WAS preventing him from developing his potential
- He was planning to take a break from alcohol, but once he started experiencing the benefits he decided to continue without it
- We talked about the “work hard, play hard culture” that prevails in many corporates – and how it will catch up with you eventually
- The science tells us that after a couple of decades of heavy drinking, many of us will become dependent
- We agreed we should never wait until we hit “rock bottom” – it makes far more sense to step off the slippery slope while you can
- Ken explained how his travel routine changed when he stopped drinking – rather than staying in a bar he actually explored the city!
- He wants others to discover how to thrive in an alcohol-free life, and he writes regularly for Medium
- He has his own newsletter and is writing a book
- You can read his article about the science of why you should quit drinking HERE
- You can subscribe to his newsletter – Alcohol is Not Your Friend HERE
Subscription membership – you can join up HERE
To access our website click HERE
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week