September 26, 2020
Tribe Sober – Inspiring an Alcohol-free Life!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
Ashleigh came to a workshop back in August 2018 and has recently celebrated her second Soberversary.
In this Episode
- Ashleigh’s first scrape with alcohol came when she was expelled from school at the age of 15!
- In her 30’s, she recognised that there could be a problem when she found herself making lots of rules around her drinking – rules that she promptly broke!
- At the end of the workshop, she knew it would be pointless committing to “moderation” – she had to go “all in” – she knew she had crossed the line with her drinking and there was no looking back
- She felt confident leaving the workshop – she had her toolkit, some new information and people to connect with – she felt she could do this
- In the beginning, she treated herself to hot chocolate, coffee and cake, etc – but as time went on, she weaned herself off the sweet things – and has now lost 10kgs!
- Ashleigh has experienced so many benefits of her sobriety – she is certainly less anxious and more confident these days
- So the workshop was a real turning point in Ashley’s life – at the age of 40, she has celebrated two years of sobriety and has a different future ahead
- She fully recognised that if she hadn’t taken this step, she could have been in a very different place in 5 years time – alcohol is a very “slippery fish” as she said!
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
If you missed the Sober Spring start date then just email us for info on the next Challenge
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.