September 5, 2020
Tribe Sober – Inspiring an Alcohol-free Life!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode, I interview Sheila who signed up for Sober Spring last year – it proved to be a springboard for dramatically improving her relationship with alcohol.
In this Episode
- Sheila signed up for Sober Spring with the firm intention of only completing 30 out of the 66 days
- She did her 30 days by using willpower – and hated every minute!
- It did get her thinking, however, about her relationship with alcohol and she decided to come along to a workshop
- The workshop was a turning point for her – it created a mind shift and connected her with others on the same path
- She was shocked to learn that the “safe” limit was only one and a half bottles of wine a week
- Sheila realised that her daily drinking habit was putting her on a “slippery slope” to dependence
- The workshop was late November and she got through the festive season alcohol-free
- She started 2020 with a firm plan to moderate – to be alcohol-free Monday to Thursday and then 1 or 2 glasses at the weekend
- That was 8 months ago and she is still firmly on track!
- Sheila is one of those rare people who has managed to go from a daily drinking habit to drinking within the safe limits
- To summarise – she used Sober Spring to raise awareness and the workshop to get the tools and connect with others
- She took a significant alcohol-free break to reset her habits and then started the year with her tracker and a firm plan
- Her anxiety has reduced dramatically and she is experiencing a real sense of joy in her life
- Sheila urges people to try Sober Spring to increase their awareness around their relationship with alcohol.
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.