August 29, 2020
Tribe Sober – Inspiring an Alcohol-free Life!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode I interview Christelle who heard about us on the radio when she heard me tasting some alcohol-free wines. It was a bit of a light bulb moment for her when she realised that there were AF wines on the market and she began to wonder if she could stop drinking.
In this Episode
- For Christelle, the drinking was more about the ritual than anything else – she could never limit herself to one glass
- That first glass is the problem – as it triggers you to have another, and another – alcohol is an addictive drug after all
- With alcohol-free wine, Christelle never really wanted more than one or two glasses
- She had tried one of our 30-day challenges and lasted about 30 minutes!
- She used to wake up at 3am with her heart jumping, wondering if she had remembered to feed her family the previous evening
- Every morning, Christelle would berate herself and resolve that she would give up – but at 6pm she opened another bottle
- Once she started to discover AF wines, however, she began to wonder if she could do the 66-day Challenge
- She stocked up for the Challenge – red, white and bubbly AF wines
- Christelle sailed through the Challenge without difficulty and finished on November 5th
- She adored the comeraderie and support on the Sober Spring WhatsApp group – when the Challenge ended, she missed it
- So, on November 8th she signed up as a Tribe Sober member and has never looked back!
- She says people thinking about signing up for Sober Spring must just “do it” – it’s the best gift they could give themselves
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
This episode is sponsored by the our Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about the Tribe Sober membership program and subscribe HERE.