August 22, 2020
Tribe Sober – Inspiring an Alcohol-free Life!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode I interview Kai. Kai read about us in an in-flight magazine when he was travelling on a plane. He took a photo of the article on his phone but didn’t do anything for about 3 years. The seed had been planted, however – and in 2018 he signed up for our Sober Spring Challenge.
In this Episode
- The interesting thing about Kai’s story is that he had no intention whatsoever of giving up drinking entirely
- He went into the Challenge with an open mind and saw it mainly as a way to take a break from booze and improve his health
- As he progressed through the 66 days, he noticed a few significant “shifts”
- He loved the comeraderie of the WhatsApp group but noticed that a few people were really struggling
- The “strugglers” made him realise what a hold alcohol could have on some people and he never wanted to be in that position
- Then Kai heard other people on the group saying how great they felt – and that they would never drink again!
- He was both shocked – and impressed – by these people – and the thought crossed his mind that he could stop for ever
- His children played a big role in his journey – they told him some home truths about his behaviour when he was drinking!
- When Kai successfully clocked up 66 sober days he felt great – and didn’t want to start drinking again
- Rather than commit to permanent sobriety, he decided to set another milestone – 100 days
- Once he reached 100 days, his daughter challenged him to a year – which he completed easily – and then carried on!
- Kai has experienced so many benefits and is thriving in his alcohol-free life
- He remains a loyal and valuable member of our tribe – now helping others on their journey as a “Sober Buddy”
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE.