October 3, 2020
Tribe Sober – Your Guide to Alcohol-free Living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
Janis came to a workshop back in 2016 and has recently celebrated her fifth Soberversary.
In this Episode
- Janis had tried taking regular breaks from alcohol but it never quite stuck
- She even managed 8 months of sobriety once – then tried to moderate, but found herself back drinking heavily within weeks
- It was a blackout one Christmas that made her decide to make a change
- We both agreed that when we drink heavily our world “shrinks” – all we care about is alcohol-related activities
- She saw an article in the Sunday Times about Tribe Sober – and booked herself on the next workshop
- Janis loved connecting with other people who were struggling with alcohol and after the workshop she stayed in touch – the connection helped her to make a permanent change
- She is now 5 years sober and feels “renewed” – so much energy – she knows that sobriety has helped her get through the menopause
- She made and drank a lot of kombucha when she first stopped drinking – also drank AF beers
- Janis connects much better to her children and has a group of Sober Buddies that she hangs out with
- We both agreed that we get a lot of pleasure from everyday activities these days – now that we no longer rely on the chemical high from alcohol
- The alcohol free drinks industry is exploding which is a positive sign and many young people are drinking less
- We talked about how many people know that they must drink less, but have no idea HOW to cut down and how Tribe Sober can help
- Tribe Sober provides tools and community support to enable people to change their relationship with alcohol
To access our website click HERE
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today.
Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.