August 1, 2020
Tribe Sober – Your Guide to Alcohol-free Living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode I interview Chez. Chez heard about Tribe Sober on the radio and although she didn’t actually do anything for a while, the seed had been planted – and in 2018 she signed up for our Sober Spring Challenge.
In this Episode
- Chez thought that the only two options to help her stop drinking were AA and rehab – she had tried rehab and didn’t want to go to AA
- Then she heard about Tribe Sober and the 66-day Sober Spring Challenge which appealed to her
- The 66-day period intrigued her, so she did some research and discovered that one can change a habit during this period
- Chez signed up and completed 66 alcohol-free days – it was really hard to start with, but she kept going and towards the end of the challenge she felt a “shift”
- She then began to feel amazing – reduced anxiety, better sleep – so many benefits – including feeling much closer to her teenage son
- She loved the Sober Spring WhatsApp group and the connection she felt there – she still has some friends who she made while doing the challenge
- After the 66 days she felt great – really motivated – and was convinced she could continue with her alcohol-free life on her own
- But she couldn’t – she started having the odd glass of wine and it crept up again
- So she became a Tribe Sober member and has never looked back – for Chez, it’s all about being in a community of like-minded people – that’s what keeps her on track
- Chez was diagnosed as bi-polar some years ago – but her medication never seemed to work – she now realises that the alcohol was preventing it from working
- She urges people to give Sober Spring Challenge a try – there is nothing to lose and so much to gain
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.