June 27, 2020
Tribe Sober – Your Guide to Alcohol-free Living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode I interview Kgothatso Meka. He came along to a workshop with a very specific goal in mind – he was ambitious and knew he would be more likely to succeed in his career if he avoided the heavy drinking culture in his workplace.
In this Episode
- Kgothatso came along to a workshop at the tender age of 32
- His colleagues in banking were binge drinking at the week-ends and, although he joined in at first, he could see the dangers
- He wanted to learn more about his relationship with alcohol as he wanted to avoid the pitfalls
- AA definitely didn’t appeal but he felt that Tribe Sober was for “normal” people who wanted to cut down – so he came to a workshop
- The workshop was exactly right for him – lots of information and left him feeling motivated to make some changes
- After the workshop, he committed to 100 sober days – but then decided to carry on and put his health first
- He felt incredible and didn’t want to spoil it so he actually did 6 months alcohol-free
- The break has made him much more aware – and given him confidence to turn down drinks when pressured.
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
This episode is sponsored by the tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.