June 6, 2020
Tribe Sober – Your Guide to Alcohol-free Living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode I interview an important member of our Tribe Sober team – Jane Rivera. She came along to a workshop a few years ago, ditched the drink and then became a workshop facilitator so she could help others change their relationship with alcohol.
In this Episode
- Jane tells her how her mindset has gone from “wanting to die” to “can’t get enough of life”
- She was introduced to alcohol at an early age as her parents bought a pub in the UK
- She moved to Jo’burg as a teenager but struggled to settle and went off the rails
- A happy marriage and two beautiful children still didn’t stop her from hitting the wine
- Jane finally realised that she would have to make a change when she felt her husband and kids pulling away from her
- She heard Janet on the radio and booked a workshop
- She left the workshop thinking she would stay alcohol-free for a while and then start drinking moderately
- After a few months of AF living Jane was feeling great and accepted that she would never be able to have “just one glass”
- She now loves her AF life, is close to her family again – and loves helping people in our community
- She has recently relocated to Norway – an adventure she could never have coped with back in her drinking days!
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE. To read more about Jane check out her guest blog HERE.
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.