May 30, 2020
Tribe Sober – Your guide to alcohol-free living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode I interview an important member of Tribe Sober – Lynette Le Roux. She came along to a workshop a few years ago, ditched the drink and then qualified as a coach so she could help others change their relationship with alcohol.
In this Episode
- Lynette explains how her drinking gradually became problematic for her due to stress at work.
- The workshop enabled her to stop drinking for 3 months but then she decided she could have “a glass of wine”.
- She talks to us about how that “glass of wine” escalated to vodka drinking.
- In spite of returning to drinking she kept connected to Tribe Sober and eventually got back on track and stayed alcohol-free.
- Benefits of sobriety for Lynette included getting her energy back, feeling alive again – and full of joy.
- We then talked about coaching – a thinking space to clarify our needs and purpose – your coach is your thinking partner.
- She believes that everything we do in life (or don’t do) is because of how we feel.
- She recommends journaling as well as coaching to get in touch with how we are really feeling.
- Lynette asks us to get curious about our cravings – what do we really want? What else would make us feel better?
- “Don’t lose yourself looking for that buzz” – she says. “What you are really looking for is connection.”
- She recommends that people use journaling and coaching to help them apply the techniques they learned on the workshop.
To access our website and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
Read more about Coaching HERE – Lynette is offering a complimentary coaching session to podcast listeners so please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with her.
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe, rate and review us on Apple Podcasts which will result in more people hearing the podcast.