July 11, 2020
Tribe Sober – Your Guide to Alcohol-free Living!
After running Tribe Sober for 5 years and helping hundreds of people to ditch the drink and embrace alcohol-free living, I’ve learned a thing or two. My biggest insight has been that sharing our stories around alcohol is the most powerful way we can help others – that’s why the heart of this podcast is recovery stories.
In this episode I interview Sue McLeod. A couple of years ago, she contacted me offering her help. She had gotten sober with AA and liked the look of our approach. Sue helped me set up our Membership Program and has been invaluable helping me to develop it further.
In this Episode
- Sue didn’t really feel she had a problem with alcohol until March 2014 – when she started drinking every day
- She could feel it getting worse, so started putting “rules” in place – and then promptly broke them all!
- Sue went to AA in 2016 because she didn’t know where else to go – it worked for her
- We agreed that “finding your tribe” is essential – we understand each other – almost impossible to do this alone
- She never had a “rock bottom” but had a walking, talking blackout and an argument she couldn’t even remember
- Sue never went back to Day 1 – she felt that she had reached the point where she was “done” with alcohol
- She prefers Tribe Sober’s approach to the AA as she doesn’t agree with labelling herself as an “alcoholic”
- She loves our Tribe – and has discovered that ex-drinkers are really interesting people!
- When she was younger, Sue always felt she had to be “perfect” – now she is happy to be “good enough”
- She agrees with our approach that we need to ditch the drink – and then create an alcohol-free life that we love
- We have both had breast cancer and agree that there is a link between heavy drinking and alcohol
- Her main benefit of an alcohol-free life is that she feels “at peace” with life – she’s not looking for anything anymore
- We are both thrilled that people who have gotten sober with Tribe Sober are now helping the newbies via our Sober Buddy program
- With annual subs at £30 for a Brit and $38 for US, we are getting a lot of international members and connecting via Zoom
To access our website click HERE and to read about subscription membership click HERE.
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our membership program and subscribe HERE.
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe, rate and review us on Apple Podcasts which will result in more people hearing the podcast.
We will release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You can join our private Facebook group HERE