Was delighted to chat to the lovely Azania Mosaka on 702 about the rise of the Sober Curious Movement.
The podcast is HERE.
Here a few of those tips!
- Take your Alcohol-Free Drinks: Whether you are a bubbly, red wine, beer or G & T lover, there are always Alcohol-free versions available which will give you all the taste without the hangover!
- Fake it till you make it: Decant your alcohol-free drink into a glass and make sure that it’s always in your hand. People are less likely to bother you if you appear to be drinking. Then, slap a smile on your face and commit to an hour of making a real effort. Act like you’re expecting to have a great time – and you probably will!
- Party like a Celebrity: Pick and choose what event you attend – arrive late and leave early.
- Have your Reasons: If anyone spots your alcohol-free drink and asks why you’re not drinking just say “I’m on a health kick” or, better yet, tell your friends that you have become “Sober Curious”. Whatever you decide to say, stick to your guns. It will be hard the first time, but the more you do it, the more your friends and family will back off.
- Alcohol is not a Magic Potion: Remind yourself that it’s your friends, the music and the vibe that create the fun – not the contents of your glass. Use the opportunity to make new friends, work the room, dance until your feet hurt or tell a few jokes. You will be surprised at how much fun you can have sans alcohol, plus if your jokes are really bad – everyone will be too drunk to care!